How Do You Prevent a Chipped Windshield From Getting Worse?
USA Auto Glass Offers Windshield Chip Repairs
A chip or crack in your windshield can ruin your day. It’s essential to repair your windshield as soon as possible and stop the chip from cracking in the meantime. A chipped windshield can cause decreased visibility when driving and lead to a larger crack. USA Auto Glass provides tips on preventing your chipped windshield from getting worse. We’ve proudly served South Florida with quality auto glass products and services for over 25 years. If you get a rock chip when driving, follow these tips to help prevent a complete windshield replacement.
Apply Clear Nail Polish or Superglue
Clear nail polish or superglue offers a temporary solution to stop the chip from spreading.
The first thing to do before applying clear nail polish or superglue is to clean the windshield with auto glass cleaner to rid of any debris. After using the solution, place clear packing tape over the area to seal it.
Avoid Exposing Glass to Extreme Temperatures
When the temperature fluctuates, your auto glass expands and contracts. The changes in temperature exposure often lead to further cracking. The best thing to do is keep your vehicle parked in a garage or shade at a constant temperature and avoid freezing temperatures or direct sunlight.
Use A Windshield Repair Kit
Windshield repair kits can repair minor cracks. It’s essential to have a basic understanding of tools before attempting to use a windshield repair kit. You’ll need to make a tiny hole into the top layer of glass with a drill bit and apply the specialized resin to seal the glass.
Be A Cautious Driver
Any vibration can cause a vehicle chip to spread. It’s essential to be as cautious as possible driving over speed bumps, accelerating on the highway, and even slamming your door. It’s critical to avoid potholes and stay away from rocky terrain.
Contact A Mobile Auto Glass Repair Specialist
The best way to prevent a windshield chip from spreading is to contact our USA Auto Glass team as quickly as possible. We understand the need for fast and efficient auto glass services. Our mobile team can come to you to repair your windshield chip. Our windshield repair technicians only take a few minutes to repair your chip and get you back behind the wheel.
Why Choose USA Auto Glass?
USA Auto Glass has 40 years of combined experience assisting drivers throughout the Keys, Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Kendall, South Miami Heights, Homestead, and other surrounding areas. We offer same-day service on almost all our auto glass repairs. We always assess your windshield chip or crack’s depth, size, and location before determining the next step. We offer multiple types of superior auto glass services, including:
Contact Us for a Free Windshield Repair Estimate
USA Auto Glass in Florida is committed to helping you stay as safe behind the wheel as possible with our auto glass services. We will quickly repair your window chip or crack to help prevent it from spreading. Our exceptional customer service team works with all types of insurance companies for your peace of mind. We put your needs first to ensure your auto glass is in optimal condition. Contact us today for a free estimate.
Car Window Tinting Services in Dade & Broward County, FL
Getting your car’s window tinted is a great way to upgrade your ride, but there are some pros and cons to be considered. USA Auto Glass offers professional window tint services in Dade County, Broward County, and Homestead, FL. Our auto glass experts want to help you better understand the advantages and disadvantages associated with window tinting. While many drivers enjoy the benefits of car window tinting, others might prefer not to opt for this add-on to their vehicle. Keep reading to learn more about the pros and cons of window tinting, and get in touch with USA Auto Glass today if you have any questions or are ready to schedule service.
The Benefits of Tinted Windows
Many Florida drivers are opting to tint their windows. Let’s take a closer look at some of the many benefits of adding car window tint t your ride:
- Privacy – Let’s face it; drivers are nosy. If you want a little more privacy while driving, window tinting will make it more challenging for others to see inside your vehicle. This is a great way to keep your valuables secure when parked. You don’t have to be doing anything shady in your vehicle to want a little more privacy on the road.
- Safety – Getting your windows tinted can provide you with a protective barrier. Side and rear windows are tempered glass which tends to shatter into many tiny chunks upon impact. Window tint film will keep those chunks from flying around, making you less likely to be cut by glass in case of an accident.
- Lower Temperatures – We all know how hot the inside of your car can get during the Florida summer. If your vehicle is parked uncovered during sunny days, your car can feel overwhelmingly hot when you get inside. Adding tint to your windows can keep your vehicle cooler. Tinted windows have been proven to reduce the heat inside your car by 60%. You’ll be much more comfortable when you get in your car and while you’re driving around. You won’t need to use your air conditioning as much, and your passengers will be more comfortable.
- Protects Against UV Rays – Adding window tinting to your ride can protect you from the sun’s harmful UV rays. Tint can safeguard drivers and passengers from skin cancer and reduce wrinkles caused by sun damage. Filtering out the sun also improves your vision on the road. UV light has been directly linked to skin damage, accelerated aging, skin cancer, and cataracts. The sun’s harmful light can also degrade your car’s interior upholstery and trim. Your plastic, fabric, vinyl, or leather interior features can crack, split, fade, or become brittle with time.
- Appearance – Many drivers appreciate the sleeker appearance that window tinting gives their vehicle. A subtle dark tint can make your car look more upscale, which is why it’s pretty popular in high-end luxury cars and often used for custom or modified vehicles.
The Cons of Tinting Your Car’s Windows
While you can see that there are many benefits associated with adding tint to your car’s windows, there are a few potential drawbacks that you should be aware of. Check out some reasons why window tint is not necessarily suitable for every driver:
- Reduced Nighttime Visibility – While window tint can make it easier to see during the day by reducing glare from the sun, it may reduce your visibility while driving at night. You can opt for different tint shades to avoid having trouble seeing at night.
- Potential Legal Issues – It’s essential to know your local laws regarding tinting your vehicle’s windows. Some states prohibit dark tint shades. We will get more in-depth into this issue later in this blog.
- Tint Can Fade – If you opt for a low-quality tint to save money, the odds are that your tinting will fade faster than it would if you spent some more money on the good stuff. Investing in high-quality tint is worth it because you won’t need to have it replaced as often. Aftermarket tint films can sometimes bubble, crack, or peel. When this happens, you’ll have to strip it off and have it replaced.
- May Reduce Value – If you plan to sell your vehicle, you need to be aware that not all drivers want tinted windows. While some drivers may be excited about your tinted windows, others might not. Customizing your vehicle is always a risk when it comes time to sell it.
Florida Window Tinting Laws
The level of darkness associated with window tinting is measured in visible light transmission (VLT). Each state has unique laws regarding window tint percentages. The reason these laws are in place is to ensure drivers can see out of their vehicles in the dark or poor weather conditions. According to Florida law, your front-side windows must have a VLT of at least 28%. For back windows, there must be a VLT of at least 15%, and the same percentage applies to rear windows. If you drive an SUV or van, the VLT for your windshield and front side windows will be the same. Non-reflective tint is allowed on your windshield above the manufacturer’s A-1 line.
Schedule Professional Tint Installation Today
Now that you know more about the pros and cons of adding window tinting to your vehicle, it’s time to decide whether you want to proceed with the process. USA Auto Glass can ensure your vehicle meets Florida laws related to window tinting. We can help you choose the right high-quality tint shade, so your visibility is not reduced too much, and your tint won’t fade easily. Our ceramic window tint experts offer fast same-day service at your home or business. We gladly work directly with your insurance company for fast processing and are happy to provide you with a free estimate. Our team has been serving South Florida for more than 25 years, and we would love to add window tint to your vehicle. Contact us today to get started.
When to Repair or Replace Auto Glass
Windshield Repair & Replacement in Miami, FL
Have you sustained damage to your car’s windshield? Not to worry! USA Auto Glass Florida proudly provides professional windshield repair and replacement services throughout Miami, FL. It may be difficult to tell if you need a spot repair or a full replacement. We’ve created this guide to give you a better idea of what you can expect when you call us for service. Fortunately, we provide both quick and affordable repairs and replacements. And we come to you! There are many factors that contribute to how we will approach your windshield repair or replacement. Read about what you can expect and contact us as soon as possible if your windshield has been damaged.
Even the smallest crack or chip can turn into a need for replacement if not treated immediately. Once a windshield is damaged, it is at risk, and needs to be serviced right away.
Types of Windshield Damage
Chips are caused by direct impact to your windshield. Pebbles, rocks, and other debris can hit your windshield at high speeds, resulting in the outer glass layer being damaged. Windshields are comprised of multiple layers of glass planes separated by a layer of plastic to insulate and protect the driver. There are also several types of chips your auto glass can sustain. These include:
- Half Moon
- Combination Break
Many different factors can cause your auto glass to crack. Instead of impact damage like chips, cracks are caused by temperature changes, pressure changes, and certain auto glass defects. There are also different types of cracks that vary in severity and ways to repair or replace your windshield. They include:
- Edge Crack
- Stress Crack
- Crack Chip
- Long Crack
- Star Break
- Floater Crack
Signs a Windshield Can Be Repaired
Some minimal damage can be repaired without the need to replace your entire windshield. If you have any of the following types of damages on your windshield, we will be able to repair it:
- Damage does not reduce the safety of the car from a collision or impact
- Crack is shorter than 12 inches
- Chip or bullseye is smaller than 1 inch
- The second, inner layer of glass is not damaged
- The crack or chip is not close to the outer perimeter of the windshield
Signs You Will Have to Replace Your Windshield
Some damage is too severe to spot repair. If you have any of the following issues with your windshield, we will most likely replace it:
- Damage impairs the diver’s visibility
- Crack is longer than 14 inches
- Chip or bullseye is larger than 3 inches
- Inner layer of glass has also been damaged
- Damage is near the outer perimeter of your windshield
Contact Us Today!
No matter how severe the damage is on your windshield, our team will come to you with the tools and replacements needed to help you. We don’t want you driving any more than you have to with a damaged windshield as it is dangerous, can get worse with normal driving, and can impair your visibility. Even if you just have a small chip in your windshield, you should have it repaired as quickly as possible. Don’t wait till it’s too late and you have to replace the entire pane when a quick repair was all it took. Contact our team today to schedule your auto glass repair service. We proudly serve throughout Miami, FL. Our team works on all makes and models of vehicles, both personal-use and commercial.
Auto Glass Repair Myths You Should Ignore
Myths Debunked About Windshield Replacement
At some point as a car owner, you’ll have to deal with a chipped or cracked windshield. This is a rather nerve-wracking experience, especially when most people associate windshield repairs with exorbitant bills.